Brand new EBR 1190s -$7,500

texscottyd

• Supporting Member
Wow. This is an insane amount of motorcycle for the money:

https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/mcd/d/ebr-blowout-sale/6303522019.html

I'll take an SX in blue, please.

f0cc2c1eef7fdf787756b321e6349c17.jpg

I realize that buying anything Buell / EBR related is a massive gamble, given that EBR is effectively a dead sport. Still, I have a huge amount of respect for Eric Buell and what he has accomplished, and have a serious lust for one of the last of the breed.

Soooooooo tempting...

• Supporting Member
perfect track day bike .... I wonder how much shipping .... na forget it i'm sure the tax man would rain on my parade.

Import it as 'agricultural equipment' and you should be fine.

'Real money' was funny, by the way...

• Supporting Member
@hawkeye - 185 hp, 100+ lb/ft of torque, awash in cool exotic parts... I would say the Responsible Adult Ship has already sailed.

An EBR seems the perfect bookend for the FJ. If I can get my Mille sold quickly, I will absolutely buy one.

<snip> perfect track day bike .... I wonder how much shipping .... na forget it i'm sure the tax man would rain on my parade.
Import it as 'agricultural equipment' and you should be fine.

Back in the good old days, it really was that simple ..... These days buying from abroad, because technology has made it so easy to find information and contact sellers from around the globe, sadly the revenue collectors sure have kept up, gone are the days when you could get round the system ...... Unless you are a large Corporation, with a hippy cool caring image, then paying tax is so last century .     

Better check if you can get replacement parts, after market support, etc etc. EBR has been bankrupt so many times, I don't know what the current status is. Which is the reason these bikes are so cheap, dealers can't give them away, probably 2 years old already.

Better check if you can get replacement parts, after market support, etc etc. EBR has been bankrupt so many times, I don't know what the current status is. Which is the reason these bikes are so cheap, dealers can't give them away, probably 2 years old already.
 Which is possibly a reason why so many cheap 2015 FJ-09s are still able to be bought new!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
Better check if you can get replacement parts, after market support, etc etc.

Duly noted, and I realize it's a big gamble on the unknown moving forward. But I would probably put less than 3,000 miles a year on a bike like this, and at $7,500 it's approaching the point where I'm willing to roll the dice. To put it in perspective, based on the $16.5k original MSRP, this would be like buying a brand new FJ-09 for about $4,775. That's probably a horrible analogy, but it's all about justifying it to myself at this point...

In the meantime, anybody want to buy a really nice first-gen Aprilia Mille R? :)

Archived