Oil change w/ skid plate

dbeau

Anyone that has a Higdonion or similar skid plate changed their oil? Just wondering how you went about it. I'm hoping to get it done without disassembling the cage. Maybe some tin foil to help not make a mess. Or just let the oil hit the skid plate and clean up once its finished dripping. 

I undid the back bottom bolts on skid plate, loosened up the front to allow the skid plate to swing down... haven't done a filter change yet, that's due next oil change...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I second that. I also have a 2015 eith the replacement oil pan. First oil change with skid plate and new oil pan made a huge mess. Last oil change I dropped the skid plate, took about 10 minutes, with no mess. I have thought about drilling out a drain hole and making a removable filler plate but have not got around to to it.

I have a 2015 with the original design oil pan and Higdonion Urban cages. Oil drains nicely through the cutout left in the skid plate by Higdonion with no disassembly. Oil filter does create a little bit of a mess, but nothing major. I just wipe up any spilled oil off the skid and use a little brake clean on it if necessary.

Archived