ABS light flashing. Help!

crempel

Over the last few weeks if have occasionally had the ABS light flash, but in the last few days, it’s been on almost every time I ride. I used to be able to just give a hard quick stab at the rear pedal and the light would go away, but that isn’t working anymore. Any ideas? Is the sensor possibly dirty? 2015 if that matters.

I occasionally have the sensor flash on my FJR, pressing both brakes lightly fixes it. If this isn't working then you either have a dirty or bad sensor. Try cleaning both sensors. Start with just using a clean rag, avoiding chemicals if possible. If that doesn't work you'll need a new sensor. You'll have to have the dealer scan the code to determine which one is causing the trouble.

• 1 year later...

I don’t know what the OP found after cleaning the sensors, but thought I’d add my experience. My ABS light was flashing off and on while riding. I removed both sensors, found a fair amount of adherent debris on each, cleaned them with brake cleaner on a rag, re installed and issue resolved. My FJ has 19,000 miles on it. I suspect that some of the metallic brake pad dust had built up on them, interfering with the magnetic sensing. 

Archived