Hello to all the Tracers

traceit

Hello

My name is Andy.

I am living in the north of the European alps.

I am travelling by motorbike throughout Europe to Spain/Portugal, Italy or Austria/Germany. I am doing a lot of passes in the alps.

I'll get one in Lava Red in March 2015. But it's not called FJ-09 but MT-09 Tracer! Is it really totally the same?

It will not be the first Yamaha with 3 cylinder 4 stroke-engine. A long time ago I had a XS 750 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_XS750

Currently I own a Suzuki V-Strom DL 650 without ABS.

Improving the driving safety with ABS is one of the reasons for my new bike.

Have good ride and stay on top of your bike!

AW

Hello 
My name is Andy.

I'll get one in Lava Red in March 2015. But it's not called FJ-09 but MT-09 Tracer! Is it really totally the same?

Welcome Andy. I think the only difference is your Tracer's top speed is not neutered! (115 mph top speed in North America. ;-|)

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

I just read the review here http://www.motorradonline.de/artikelvorschau/top-test-yamaha-mt-09-tracer/640964

Therein is stated that the bike is limited to a top speed of 210km/h = 130mph. I think this is EU-wide. 115mph = 185km/h. Europe allows to go faster than North America. But this doesn't matter to me. Traffic is so dense here one can't use top speeds. Except for some rare tracks on German autobahns. Early in the morning;-)

In France only motorbikes are limited to 100 horsepowers.

With a topcase or side cases top speed may be limited even more!

• Premium Member
I just read the review here http://www.motorradonline.de/artikelvorschau/top-test-yamaha-mt-09-tracer/640964 
Therein is stated that the bike is limited to a top speed of 210km/h = 130mph. I think this is EU-wide. 115mph = 185km/h. Europe allows to go faster than North America. But this doesn't matter to me. Traffic is so dense here one can't use top speeds. Except for some rare tracks on German autobahns. Early in the morning;-)

In France only motorbikes are limited to 100 horsepowers.

With a topcase or side cases top speed may be limited even more!

Welcome from the colonies. I was actually limited to 114 mph one time and 115 another (but that was downhill). We get the hard bag options, which may be why we are limited here in the states. It may be a stability issue. This bike is rock solid up to 100mph, then it gets a little sensitive due to the wide handle bars. I just tuck down in and it is fine. Love the alps as I said in another thread. The wife and I really wanted to ride the alps this year (September), but a broken fib/tib on my wife's left leg took care of that wish. Someday soon though. Have fun on your trip and as we say, keep the rubber side down.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
Hello 

My name is Andy.

I am living in the north of the European alps.

I am travelling by motorbike throughout Europe to Spain/Portugal, Italy or Austria/Germany. I am doing a lot of passes in the alps.

With those three lines, you're going to make nearly every single member of this board sick with jealousy!  Riding the alps for nearly any of us is something we only dream about - especially on something like an FJ09 which without question would probably be nearly the ideal machine.
    Also, what a great name!  That's my son's name....and my name....and my fathers name....and my grandfathers name....and my great-grandfathers name

its a family thing

welcome to the site!!

Archived