OTD Price 2017 White FJ-09 in MN

Was at a local dealer here in MN and this beauty 2017 FJ is marked at $9k. I am seriously thinking about making an offer and want some feedback on what's a decent out the door (OTD) price on 2017 brand new here in MN.

thanks in advance for the feedback!ae2e83ef67c76b31816f2f55be7a192e.jpg

Check cycle trader and see what other dealers around you are asking for a new '17. MSRP is $10,699.
The $9k price is acceptable. And cycle trader does not help with OTD price. Never bought a brand new bike before so was wondering if someone can chime in. How much more should I expect to add on top of $9k. 
I heard I good tactic is to ask for discounts on other things as part of negotiating. For example, I need a riding jacket and pants, so try to get these for free or heavy discount.

Dealer’s offer of $9000 is a good one. Might be able to avoid dealer assembly charge but there is labor invilved in getting it put together after shipping. I paid $8499 for new 2016 in March of 2017. Plus shipping, dealer prep, dmv fees, taxes.

Dealer’s offer of $9000 is a good one. Might be able to avoid dealer assembly charge but there is labor invilved in getting it put together after shipping. I paid $8499 for new 2016 in March of 2017. Plus shipping, dealer prep, dmv fees, taxes.
How much was your OTD price after all that if you don't mind?

Last yr i bought my 2017 OTD for $9700.00 According to KBB trade in value is at $6910 and retail is at $9830.
So to me a very good deal would be at $8500 OTD
Wow, $9700 OTD for 2017 that was bought in 2017? That's a really good deal. What state are you in?

• Premium Member
$9000 is a good price if it includes freight/setup.

Does riding gear qualify as "clothing" in Minnesota? If so, it would be better to negotiate a discount on the bike and pay full price for the gear since Minnesota doesn't charge sales tax on clothing.

$9000 is a good price if it includes freight/setup.  
Does riding gear qualify as "clothing" in Minnesota? If so, it would be better to negotiate a discount on the bike and pay full price for the gear since Minnesota doesn't charge sales tax on clothing.
Hahaha, I didn't even think about no clothing tax in MN. not totally sure to be honest. Anyone from MN here that bought riding jacket from MN can comment?

Last yr i bought my 2017 OTD for $9700.00 According to KBB trade in value is at $6910 and retail is at $9830.
So to me a very good deal would be at $8500 OTD
Wow, $9700 OTD for 2017 that was bought in 2017? That's a really good deal. What state are you in?
I do live in Missouri but traveled 100 miles to the Illinois side to get the bike. Be patient and shop around and that usually pays off.

Archived