tezz

Hi - long time rider, new FJ owner of a 16 black 09. Bought used w 2800 miles on it on my birthday 2 weeks ago. 3 hours later, I had my first speeding ticket. Woo hoo - happy birthday.
The bike came with a few extras - taller windshield, shorty levers - replaced immediately, givi engine bars, radiator guard. I suspect the ECM has been flashed - the mode always starts in A.
Front brake pads must have upgraded - no complaints there.
The bars are very buzzy - causing my fingers to numb. I added risers - 1 inch up and back. - and it’s helped.
Next up I’ll install a tail tidy and LED signals. The seat is like sitting on a board - probably have to get a pad at least.
Anyway - fun bike - looking forward to putting on lots of miles!

Oh - probably should have mentioned i’m In SoCal, also have an ‘07 BMW F650GS Dakar And a ‘71 Norton Commando in about a zillion pieces in the garage - slooowly coming together.

Hi @tezz, welcome to FJ ownership and the forum. Lots of advice on here about farkles.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
Hi - long time rider, new FJ owner of a 16 black 09. Bought used w 2800 miles on it on my birthday 2 weeks ago. 3 hours later, I had my first speeding ticket. Woo hoo - happy birthday.
Welcome. Congratulations on the bike, nice birthday present. (I bought mine for myself on Christmas)

With this bike you definitely have to watch the right wrist, VERY easy to ride it fast - the motor loves to pull forever in any gear.  I have been stopped a few times, luckily no tickets.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Smoother throttle response, but the A mode start is definitive.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Cooling fan start up @ lower temperatures. Stock is 212, mine following flash is 205. Not significant but preferred. You want to get the flash done. One of the better upgrades. 2WDW likes to offer forum members incentives around November.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Archived