ATTN, North Bay Riders - - - CA

midnite

Hi All,

Are there any other riders hailing from the North Bay (CA)?  I'm in Petaluma.  I ride my FJ and MG V7 regularly - usually out to the coast - and would welcome some company.  Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a ride!

Matt

I know there's a few bay area people here. Pop over to the "What did you do to your FJ today" thread, someone was just talking about doing a loop from the south bay.

'15 FJ09

I know there's a few bay area people here. Pop over to the "What did you do to your FJ today" thread, someone was just talking about doing a loop from the south bay.

That would have been me. Rode 101 from San Jose, across the GG Bridge, up to Novato, then 37 to Vallejo, & 680 back to San Jose (with a stop at the Danville Starbucks Reserve). Technically, I'm not from the North Bay, although I do have family up that way, plus my job (professional chauffeur) does take me to the Napa area on a somewhat-regular basis.

Looking to do another (ok, so the last time was back in 1999) ride up Hwy 1 to Mendocino, then 101 back south (probably 680 for the final stretch to SJ). Maybe you should consider heading to the South Bay, as there's some excellent roads in the Santa Cruz mountains (Hwy 9, 35, 1, 82, etc), not to mention numerous back roads.

That would have been me. Rode 101 from San Jose, across the GG Bridge, up to Novato, then 37 to Vallejo, & 680 back to San Jose (with a stop at the Danville Starbucks Reserve). Technically, I'm not from the North Bay, although I do have family up that way, plus my job (professional chauffeur) does take me to the Napa area on a somewhat-regular basis.

Looking to do another (ok, so the last time was back in 1999) ride up Hwy 1 to Mendocino, then 101 back south (probably 680 for the final stretch to SJ). Maybe you should consider heading to the South Bay, as there's some excellent roads in the Santa Cruz mountains (Hwy 9, 35, 1, 82, etc), not to mention numerous back roads.
Thank you both.  I regularly ride 1 up Mendocino way (went up as far as Stewart's Point last weekend), and really like 128 as an alternative link to 101.  Let me know if you'd like to try to connect for a portion of that ride.  I'd be up for trying out some South Bay rides as well - will have more time in July to get down there.  Cheers!

There's some small roads out in the Santa Cruz mountains that are just phenomenal! More of them too compared to the north coast. Once you get above Stewart's point, there isn't a lot besides Hwy 1 and some narrow little goat trails. Although Skaggs is out there, and is great after the narrow goat trail.

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
Hi All, 
Are there any other riders hailing from the North Bay (CA)?  I'm in Petaluma.  I ride my FJ and MG V7 regularly - usually out to the coast - and would welcome some company.  Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a ride!

Matt
Welcome to the forum Matt!  There are a few of us around here, I hail from Santa Rosa these days. 

When I lived in the South Bay awhile back it was either the Santa Cruz mountains or Hwy 130 over Mt. Hamilton to The Junction for lunch, or continue on Mine Rd. to Livermore for a longer ride.

Now it's typically either the north coast from Jenner to Stewart's Point or the Berryessa GP, depending on the temps. I rode out to Dillon Beach then down to Stinson this past Tuesday and was reminded why I more often ride to the north or east, and that is because there's just not as many people.

And although I prefer to ride solo, a meet up would not be out of the question.

-Brett

Welcome to the forum Matt!  There are a few of us around here, I hail from Santa Rosa these days.  
When I lived in the South Bay awhile back it was either the Santa Cruz mountains or Hwy 130 over Mt. Hamilton to The Junction for lunch, or continue on Mine Rd. to Livermore for a longer ride.

Now it's typically either the north coast from Jenner to Stewart's Point or the Berryessa GP, depending on the temps. I rode out to Dillon Beach then down to Stinson this past Tuesday and was reminded why I more often ride to the north or east, and that is because there's just not as many people.

-Brett

Brett, ever done Skaggs or Fish-rock Rd? I remember them being super fun and pretty close to your area.

'15 FJ09

Hi Brett! Santa Rosa? Now that's local. When I get out for a quick ride, it's often west of Petaluma, out to Tomales, Chileno Valley Rd., Dillon Beach, 116 to Jenner and north on 1, Skaggs Springs to Stewarts Point and down the coast, or on any number of great roads that we have in Sonoma County. I typically ride solo too, but it would be great to meet up sometime. As mentioned in a previous post, I'll have quite a bit more free time to get out during the month of July. Just let me know. Cheers!

• Premium Member

-Brett

Brett, ever done Skaggs or Fish-rock Rd? I remember them being super fun and pretty close to your area.
Used to do Skaggs more often years ago, not as much these days... and not sure if I've ever done any of Fish Rock (heard of it), although it looks like its worth a try sometime! :)

• Premium Member
Hi Brett! Santa Rosa? Now that's local. When I get out for a quick ride, it's often west of Petaluma, out to Tomales, Chileno Valley Rd., Dillon Beach, 116 to Jenner and north on 1, Skaggs Springs to Stewarts Point and down the coast, or on any number of great roads that we have in Sonoma County. I typically ride solo too, but it would be great to meet up sometime. As mentioned in a previous post, I'll have quite a bit more free time to get out during the month of July. Just let me know. Cheers!
You've got it.  Maybe try Fish Rock Rd... I hear it's super fun? :D

• Premium Member

After more careful investigation it is clear now why I have never traversed Fish Rock Rd... it's the 5 miles of gravel. :(  

The only time I go off-road on a street machine is if I didn't execute a corner properly. (rofl)