I goofed while installing MCCruise. Please help

nsmiller

Thank you all for the soldering input. There is no solder on the OEM connector or the McCruise wiring harness, and I do not intend to use any solder when I put it back together. I bought the special crimp tool from cycle terminal so I can make sure I get a very good crimp connection. I appreciate Panther trying to help by making sure I get the best connection, but SkipperT is right that the solder may actually cause additional problems fitting into the plastic connector. The new crimps arrived this weekend and the ECU just got home from being flashed by 2WDW, so I'll be hopefully getting the bike back together tonight and test riding on the 4th. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Ok, I checked...crimped only. I was wrong...I can admit I was wrong. Best of luck with the "repair". Once installed, and the throttle calibration locked in, you're gonna love it. Took mine out (between clients) for a couple hours yesterday, partly to continue finding the "sweet spots" for the QSS quick-shifter, but mostly to get away from other vehicles so I could have some fun "testing" the new Denali SoundBomb air horn.

Well, I got the issue resolved and the bike put back together yesterday. The two sizes of connector on cycle terminal which look nearly identical only differ in the size of wire they are meant to crimp onto.

If anyone ends up in a similar situation I have plenty of extra connectors to send you. The crimp tool from cycle terminal worked well. Another tool for the box.

Because I was panicked when this happened, I also bought a used FZ09 wiring harness to cannibalize if I needed to. So if anyone wants to buy a harness, hit me up. I'll make you a really good deal.

McCruise works nicely, although it feels like it takes just a half second to respond to a command compared to the factory cruise on the FJR.

2WDW works flash definitely smooths out throttle response. It feels like I'm riding in sport mode on my FJR which does not suffer from the harsh fueling map the FJ09 does.

Archived