• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Happy new FJ owner!

Hello everyone,
I just picked up my brand new old stock 2015 FJ about a month ago. Got a very nice discount on her. I love this thing, nicest  (and fanciest and fastest) bike I've ever had! Been a month and a week, and I've already put about 3200 miles on her. 
A little about me...
I live in Monument, Colorado. I consider myself lucky to live here and am a proud Coloradan (like most people here).
I have been riding for about 23 years, but only have about 80k miles of seat time due to much more time without a bike than with.
This is my 7th bike. From the beginning, I've had: 1992 CBR600F2, 1987 Yamaha Radian, 1995 YZF600, 2008 Kawasaki Versys (r.i.p.), 2014 CRF 250 L, 2012 Triumph Street Triple.
The Versys met an untimely demise and I nearly went with her, in late 2008, when being a hooligan I lost control and ended up in hospital for 2 months and unable to walk for 4.5 months. Took me well over a year to walk unassisted again. Took me a bit, (mostly for financial reasons) but in 2k14 got the CRF 250 as my re-intro/can I trust myself bike. Guess I can... ;)
Of course I have a ton of plans for the bike, including making it better for cold weather, travel and sport riding.
Quick plans are: Panniers, heated grips, new screen or 2, less hideous blinkers, steering stabilizer (despite not having the wobble) and better suspension. Oh, and finally getting a bit of heated gear for me since this will be my primary mode of transport. 
Other major hobbies (too many, and too expensive) are cycling (mostly road and cross), cars, RC cars, shooting, and music.
I am a Realtor and bartender.
I love meeting and getting to know new people, and looking forward to getting to know this community.
Cheers!

Welcome to the forum.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Howdy, howdy! You'll find lots of good information here. I'm from Louisiana where this time of the year it's the non-riding season. Well, that is unless you go out at 6 to 6:30 am till about 9 am.  Besides that it's like riding into an oven it's so hot. 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Archived