Hello

slipper

Bought hold over 2015 fj from dealer with 4 miles on it. Love the bike. The more I read the posts the more I have concerns about all the problems people have with the fj09. I don't have any issues with mine yet, but now I am worried if the bike is subject to problems or it is a small percent who post looking for help. I plan on riding it like I stole it.

no man made machine is 100% error free...

very very small amount of bikes had problems... some problems are the result of an "opps" I hit that speedbump to fast and hit the oil pan fin- easy fix... some problems are for no rhyme or reason such as the clutch cable- some have 100,000km w/o problems, some failed at 4000km- updated clutch cable is available... another "pandoras box" is the CCT- only 1 or 2 CP3 motors got blown up due to the owners messing/modify with the CCT and trying to bash Yamaha for it online, yes its noisy but have a mechanic at a dealership verify its "bad"...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Welcome to the forum @slipper. Enjoy the bike and use the forum if you encounter any problems. But, the vast majority of posts on here are for farkles or common, but minor issues like seats and screens. I certainly wouldn’t be sat there thinking the FJ is a basket case of problems.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Archived