mc cruise control and ecu flashing

jobby

i have just had the mc cruise fitted on my 15 plate tracer but had to remove the 02 controller as they had compatability issues, the bike would just shut down when i engaged the cruise control but once we removed the 02 controller it works perfect. the thing is i do miss the smoothness now and wondered if anyone here has a mc cruise and also had the ecu flashed without any issues

yes it was kevs 02 controller and the tech who installed the mc cruise was baffled as why it had an effect but once removed the mc cruise worked perfect as i should, so now thinking about a re flash but dont want to do that and have the same issues

• Supporting Member
I have the MCCruise, Kev’s O2 controller and 2wheeldynoworks flash and don’t have any issue using the cruise control.  Mine is a ‘15 model as well. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

mine just shut the throttle down to zero revs once i set the mc cruise but once removed the 02 controller it worked perfect, just one of those things i guess unless the mc cruise has changed recently

Probably has something to do with how the controller was tapped into the bike’s wiring? Just a guess.

Consider splicing it in differently then it was installed before. Might be all it needs to work in harmony with the Cruise setup.

-Skip

• Supporting Member
I have the MCCruise, Kev’s O2 controller and 2wheeldynoworks flash and don’t have any issue using the cruise control.  Mine is a ‘15 model as well. 
Isn't the O2 input disabled in the flash?... did you leave that active?
Ya know, I really don’t remember what all is activated and disabled. The main thing I was concerned with was the new fuel map. You may be correct and the O2 sensor/controller might be doing nothing at all. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived