Hello from Canada.

darkstar77

Hello from Canada.

I was able to make it to a Yamaha demo days event, and test ride a Tracer 900 about 6 weeks ago. Being a tall guy I wasn't sure what to expect, but man I fell in love with that bike pretty much on the spot. For the last 7 years I've been riding a WeeStrom, before that a Killer 650 for 4 years. The WeeStrom has been a great bike, but just doing less for me in the last couple of years in respect to power, and performance. I've also given up completely on the whole "Adventure" touring thing at this point. So, I picked up my brand new 2018 Tracer 900 a week ago.

IMG_20180809_094225.jpg

450km in so far, and pretty happy with my decision.

Hi from one new member to another! Does the suspension work given your size (I'm 6'4" at 235 w/gear), have you set the sag yet? Curious as my be in the market soon for the GT....thanks, Edbo
I haven't messed with the preload yet, still set the way it was from delivery. So far, it's pretty good. I'm probably going to increase the rear preload a little. Otherwise, ride is good.

Congrats

I'm a tall guy too : 1.91 mts... I had to adjust suspension and the back piston to have the whole bike a bit better. I have had bikes with better seat position than this one for my hight, yet I love the power of this motor.

Enjoy! ☺️

Congrats 
I'm a tall guy too : 1.91 mts... I had to adjust suspension and the back piston to have the whole bike a bit better. I have had bikes with better seat position than this one for my hight, yet I love the power of this motor.

Enjoy! ☺️
Yeah, me too. I'm going to lower the pegs 25mm, which should help with the knee angle, and make it just about perfect. The power makes it hard to not enjoy, that's for sure.

Archived