Throttle bodies sync question

sdwillie

@sdwillie any noticeable difference in how the bike runs??

I have 14k miles on my '15, never performed the TB sync, and it still runs great.. I plan to do it eventually but I was curious if you notice a difference.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

All synced up now although there was an oh shi* moment. As I am using the zip tie on the handgrip I dropped the carbtune and it went crashing to the cement ground in the garage. Start the bike with it in place and one of the rods was no longer moving. I was like oh crap but hey I have a 3 cylinder bike who cares! Going to be fun when my friend wants to borrow it to sync his FZ6 which of course is 4 cylinders. Not sure if there is a remedy for this but I am not too worried about it at the moment. Getting the sync done was most important. Thanks.

The unit can be disassembled for cleaning. Might just be something out of alignment!

I have 14k miles on my '15, never performed the TB sync, and it still runs great.. I plan to do it eventually but I was curious if you notice a difference.
Wont know until about a week when I get out I will let you know.
2016 FJ09

All synced up now although there was an oh shi* moment. As I am using the zip tie on the handgrip I dropped the carbtune and it went crashing to the cement ground in the garage. Start the bike with it in place and one of the rods was no longer moving. I was like oh crap but hey I have a 3 cylinder bike who cares! Going to be fun when my friend wants to borrow it to sync his FZ6 which of course is 4 cylinders. Not sure if there is a remedy for this but I am not too worried about it at the moment. Getting the sync done was most important. Thanks.
The unit can be disassembled for cleaning. Might just be something out of alignment!

Awesome, thank you.

2016 FJ09

Sad to say after doing the sync I don't really notice much of a difference at all but I have peace of mind. I was really hoping it would take care of the rough idle at low speeds but for that I might venture into doing the APS adjustment or look into the booster plug. At least I can say how easy it is to take apart the bike and take the tank off it really is a piece of cake. 
2016 FJ09

Archived