What's good and bad

Thanks Jovrider, If I was over there I would do that. Having a quick look, Nitron are in uk and seem to be the best bet for me if I do go with plan A. Very helpful on phone, and will build a a shock for my requirements( The need to ride fast with little ability!) Most users seem ? to have a great setting straight out of the box. Plan A is a little used 2017 which will give a budget to upgrade suspension if needed, over the allure of buying a new Gt stock, as I feel I'll end up with a better bike for my use. Mostly basting round back roads with the capability of the odd trip. Got my eye on some s/h fjr  panniers which will be good for the few times I go over the pond. Not fussed about quick shift or cruise control. Oh, and the saving means I can keep my beloved 18 year old cbr600fy which has never missed a beat in all that time, and would be like selling a pet. 

Just an update. Now own s/h 2017 fj09 with Nitron r2 and hydro. pre load adjuster. Tested a GT, standard fj09 (Tracer over here) and std fj09 with nitron r1 shock. The standard with Nitron shock, to my mind, rode better than GT, as pattonme remarked. I think GT with Nitron would be interesting but budget is too stretched. I really wanted to keep standard shock for a bit due to cost, but when you ride back to back you just get spoiled and know your missing something. Found a 4 month old r2 with hydro. adjuster, owner was exactly the same weight, for just a tad more than new r1 and I crumbled. Thanks for all your comments, really helpful. 

In my experience, the shock has more shortcomings than the forks. At a bare minimum you should get the correct spring rate for your weight, luggage, passenger etc. suspension is something I personalize on every bike I own, first and foremost.
I have a riding buddy also with an FJ09, I kept telling him how important good suspension is, he kept telling me I was full of BS... until he rode my bike.
Needless to say afterward, he was gushing about how fast he could corner and how in control he felt riding fast, he then went home and ordered new suspension parts.
What would you say would be an approximate of a good setting for the front & rear suspension for a fellow 2016 fj 09 rider that weights 250 lbs. I am assuming more on the stiff side? The setting that was put on  by the previous owner is all the way down to the softer settings (light weight rider)  

Archived