New member from Virginia

iceman63

Hello all,
 I haven't purchased a Tracer GT yet. But I'm very interested. So I'm researching as much as I can.

I currently ride an 02' FZ1 that I've put over 100,000 miles on. She's been utterly reliable, never a breakdown, carried me across many state lines. She's not going anywhere, I'll be keeping her. I think it would be quite difficult to sell with that kind of mileage anyway.

I perform most all of my own maintenance as well. So ease(or difficulty) of maintenance is important to me as well as reliability.

Anyway, after sixteen years with the same bike, I'd like to have something new to ride. But one thing that's scaring me away is reading the older FJ09 threads, I'm seeing some issue with the valves going tight early. Does anyone know if Yamaha has addressed this on the newer models, or is it still ongoing?

• Premium Member
Hey iceman, welcome.
[span]    [/span]I have no answer for the valve question.

What part of VA are you from?  I've ridden quite a bit around the southwest region of the state.

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

Hi duhg, I'm in the Richmond area. I prefer to ride in the mountains when I can. I wanted to get over to the southwestern part of the state this past summer, but never made it. I haven't ridden that area in years really. Wanted to stay over near Wytheville.

Archived