Help - Need advice on installing a Fuze Block

DavidS

• Premium Member

Here is a pic of my fuse block install. Used a key-on triggered relay for power.  Blue Sea 5025 ST available on Amazon: Blue Sea 5025 ST Blade Fuse Block w/Cover - 6 Circuit w/Negative Bus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TXHD7K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IBzwCbGWF1EV2

Trimmed excess plastic in the undertail to allow it to fit.image_3.png.87b868cba22a2681a2a39f68d2f0810d.png

Depending on how many items what you want to add. I only had a few so I did this..

Battery charger connector goes straight to battery.

Non Yamaha heated grips to black accessory socket behind dash

Non Yamaha led spotlights  to grey accessory socket behind dash

Double USB. Plugs into Extra right hand cigarette socket connected to 2nd grey accessory socket behind dash. 

(This gives me one original left cig skt for Garmin. One USB for mob phone. One USB for GoPro.)

Handy, as all the spare accessory sockets are already there and fused, although you may have to change fuse rating. They are all switched off when ignition is switched off. 

If your wiring up more stuff than I did, fuse box is better.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:39 PM, Tripletrouble said:

Depending on how many items what you want to add. I only had a few so I did this..

Battery charger connector goes straight to battery.

Non Yamaha heated grips to black accessory socket behind dash

Non Yamaha led spotlights  to grey accessory socket behind dash

Double USB. Plugs into Extra right hand cigarette socket connected to 2nd grey accessory socket behind dash. 

(This gives me one original left cig skt for Garmin. One USB for mob phone. One USB for GoPro.)

Handy, as all the spare accessory sockets are already there and fused, although you may have to change fuse rating. They are all switched off when ignition is switched off. 

If your wiring up more stuff than I did, fuse box is better.

You just saved me a whole lot of time......pretty sure i will go this route as well.

You will need some connectors, the ones in the grey sockets are blanks, and you'll need a different type for the black socket.  I'm in uk, got mine off eBay. You will to need pop screen off,  the plastic shield and brace underneath. There is also a plastic surround covering cig lighter, remove that and sockets are under clock/dash. Sounds a lot of work but about 15min to remove. 

IMG_4113.PNG

IMG_4114.PNG

Archived