Engine case sliders

Was just wondering what brands of engine case sliders exist for the FJ/GT? I know there is woodcraft and T-rex but was wondering if there are any others. 

My reason for asking is that I am debating between ugly ass engine bars which offer great protection, or the slightly less protecting but much more aesthetically pleasing alternative of frame sliders combined with engine case sliders

I had a look at a lot of scaffolding type bars, givi etc. I ended up with Yamaha engine sliders. Laying bike on its side, these do a great job of protecting cases. The handlebars are the next thing to hit, along with the rear pannier rails, protecting the tank and panels. If the crash is so heavy to bend those, you've probably got bigger problems to worry about. I didn't see the need for heavy (and in my opinion, ugly) bars. Of course, some like that heavy adventure bike look, and are very handy for bolting on spotlights if your so inclined. I just happen to like like a slimmer, lighter look. So, whilst Yamaha screw us over for accessories, in this instance, for me, they provided the best protection without detracting from the looks.

IMG-3906.jpg

@yam - Thanks for the pics. My concern with engine sliders was always what would happen to the clutch case since it sticks out most and doesn't have direct protection covering it. I was planning on coupling the engine case sliders with frame sliders to offer protection to the upper parts of the bike.

At the end of the day it's as you say; these things are only really there for small offs

I agree with yam that it’s down to aesthetics and what suits you, bars definitely look much bulkier but seem to me to give bettter all round protection. I think in this case protection has got to take priority for me as I am getting on a bit and just might be a little more liable to lay the bike down. ?

The reason I got the sliders was because of the protection. . I actually dropped my bike at a virtual standstill last week ( disc lock still on. Doh) Nothing was marked other than bar end and slider. If you like the big bars, just get them anyway, but they don't really protect anything more than sliders, they just look like they do. Get someone to help you lay your bike down on its side, on a blanket, to see contact points, you'll see what I mean. Happy rider, maybe consider a fj09 yamaha specially built for your needs ...?

IMG-3907.jpg

Archived