Setting the clock

fr8dog

• Premium Member

Clock keeps defaulting to 1AM. I reset, turn off and on few times, and it's still good. Let the bike sit for a few hours and it shows 1AM. Keeps time when riding. Battery issue? Started acting up after I installed the pigtail for battery tender/ compressor.

If the bike starts okay then it’s not the battery that is at fault. I would definitely suspect your recent wiring project...

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Seems strange then. The dash is obviously losing power and resetting. Try disconnecting your pigtail, check that no other connectors fell off when you put the pigtail on and perhaps check for any fuses in case you shorted something during the install. 

• Premium Member

Thanks @BBB for making me go back in there and check things out. I think I figured it out. When I replaced the fuse for the brake light, I took one from a bank of fuses under the seat. I thought they were spares. Oops. The one I took is for "clock backup". Need to go get a small 7.5 and I should be good.

I looked through the service manual for you and couldn’t spot that fuse. Glad its sorted easily. 👍🏻

Archived