Sw motech tank ring

3way

On 1/27/2019 at 5:49 PM, 3way said:

Erm, Well no it's not. This was the reason for posting my question. The Tracer (fj09) version is TRT.00.640.30800/B.  The one you have is for the naked (fz09) version and cheaper. They both fit, as bolt holes on filler are the same, but what the hecks the difference in the ring...?

Erm.... yes it is. I spoke to the distributor who confirmed the correct part number. The older and cheaper ring fits the 2019 Tracer. I bought one and it and the bag fit perfectly. 

Vic

SW-Motech Tank Ring for Tracer 900 2019.jpg

18 hours ago, vic said:

Erm.... yes it is. I spoke to the distributor who confirmed the correct part number. The older and cheaper ring fits the 2019 Tracer. I bought one and it and the bag fit perfectly. 

Vic

SW-Motech Tank Ring for Tracer 900 2019.jpg

Jeez. 'I confirmed the correct part no ?' Ha ha.   Just look on SW motech's website.  Best you give them a ring and put them right. Yes, your one will fit as I mentioned previously, the whole point of my post was just that, perhaps you missed it ?  But, yours is NOT the correct part no.  I made it clear they would both fit in my original reply, the question was, what's the difference. Betony helped with that one, and I've bought the cheaper one and packed the upper bracket out slightly.

Check it out Vic

https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/YAMAHA/MT09Tracer/2016/RN43/products/luggage/tank+bags/EVO+tank+ring/4052572031711.htm

5 hours ago, 3way said:

Jeez. 'I confirmed the correct part no ?' Ha ha.   Just look on SW motech's website.  Best you give them a ring and put them right. Yes, your one will fit as I mentioned previously, the whole point of my post was just that, perhaps you missed it ?  But, yours is NOT the correct part no.  I made it clear they would both fit in my original reply, the question was, what's the difference. Betony helped with that one, and I've bought the cheaper one and packed the upper bracket out slightly.

Check it out Vic

https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/YAMAHA/MT09Tracer/2016/RN43/products/luggage/tank+bags/EVO+tank+ring/4052572031711.htm

Hi.

seems to be some confusion here. The link you’ve included is for the 2016/2018 MT09. 

If you look at the image in my previous post, it shows the part number for the Tracer 2019, which was the question I was responding to.  

No need to discuss this further. The correct ring for the 2019 Tracer is the one I referenced, it doesn’t require any padding and fits perfectly.

You're wrong, and I shan’t reply further to this thread, but best not confuse other members.

Vic

Confuse others ? I'm  sure they can check out the official sw motech link I inserted and make up their own mind. If I'm wrong, so is SW motech. (BTW, although not relevant to my bike, the 2019 FJ09 tank is exactly the same as the 2017/18 and SW confirmed it's the same ring ) Sorry Vic, It seems your the the one that's confused. You don't even have the correct bike 😂 It's an Fj09 / tracer. Not the GT as your part no. Where did you read 2019 GT in my post ? Shouldnt GT posts be on the GT section ? Vic, Please take the time to read my original post, which clearly states FJ and not GT. Better still, get someone to do it for you.  Again, thanks to Betony who made the effort to read the correct information and actually took the time to help, complete with some great pictures of the (correct ) bike. 

On 1/26/2019 at 6:01 PM, mellow said:

Which ring works for the 2019 Tracer?  Any idea? 

On 1/27/2019 at 9:29 AM, vic said:

Hi. 

It’s the 110 ring part number TRT.00.640.11001/B

I have one on my Tracer GT with the Evo Engage bag. Very nice fit and follows the lines of the tank without a big gap.

Bag is quite small but perfect for essentials that you want to hand.

vic

Nuff said !

On 1/29/2019 at 11:39 PM, vic said:

If you look at the image in my previous post, it shows the part number for the Tracer 2019 

I shan’t reply further to this thread

Vic

Oh dear. I pointed out your confusion previously , it's not the 2019 Tracer, but the GT you've referenced, a different model Perhaps you should look again, at your own picture. Here you go..

1656156538_SW-MotechTankRingforTracer900

Your quote in your own post was the best idea you had yet, perhaps you should have stuck with your own advice ? 

'I shan't reply further'    But no, you continue prattling on, the louder you are the more right you are ?

What is most obvious Vic, is that you've consistently failed to answer my original question. I know they both fit 🙄, as below 

They both fit, as bolt holes on filler are the same, but what the hecks the difference in the ring...? 

and instead just beat your own drum, in contradiction to Sw motech's own confirmation. Oh well, thanks to others, Stevb and betony etc who are more informed and helpful, and confirmed what SW Motech had to say. 

If anyone's confused and really bored by this whole episode, please just contact SW motech direct as I did. Here's the link. They will give you the correct professional advice. 

Hilarious !  I had the same quandary a few months back. Thought it was a scam by swmotech to use different numbers for same ring and charge more, but no, they are different. Without wishing to add fuel to the fire, the correct standard Tracer (fj ) part is TRT.00.640.30800/B.  However, the fz ring  TRT.00.640.11001/B  will fit. Round one to 3way ?  I tried both in store, and went with the TRT.00.640.30800/B,  as with my biggish bag it clears the plastic trim around the tank better. Ding Ding, round two ! 

• BBB locked this topic

Archived