Ixil exhaust

psl

• Premium Member
18678825180_2e7c1202f5_b.jpg
18678803338_a08acf72ee_b.jpg

OK, mostly I don't much care how an exhaust looks, but ... wow.  That's reminiscent of the MV Agusta F3 exhaust.  I love it.  If I ever decide I want to switch, this is the one I want.  Congratulations!
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bought and waiting for next shipment!!!
Congrats! I just spoke to Mark @ Ixil and he said there should be more in the end of this week. I think this is the one I want and I might have the header Ceramic coated matte black. 

hmmm if you do coat the header id love to see how it looks! ya I spoke to mark at ixil too to see if he had any knowledge to share, all he had was that the silver(that I kind of like) is no longer going to be made. for the price(half of all the other full systems) I think its a winner! I like the dual pipe look and sound. Im eagerly awaiting it because the stock sound is SOOOO tame! My next plan is im thinkin about doing my wheels in candy apple red that I have for my Harley! So how do I eliminate the rev limit?

Just ordered mine, I ordered the black muffler and I will see how close they can get the header when ceramic coating it. I know they can do matte, so we'll see how it matches up. Looks like I'm going down the rabbit hole again...exhaust...then comes flash and a damper...

http://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-l3xb-hyperlow-black-full-exhaust-yamaha-fz09-2013-2015/#.VYhrP_lVhBc

This exhaust looks great, perfect match! One question though before pulling the trigger. When I spoke to my local dealer he believed I would also need the Power Commander V to match a new exhaust with the bike. Does anyone know how this works? Will I get improved sound and looks with the new exhaust but need the commander in order to get the increased performance?

This exhaust looks great, perfect match! One question though before pulling the trigger. When I spoke to my local dealer he believed I would also need the Power Commander V to match a new exhaust with the bike. Does anyone know how this works? Will I get improved sound and looks with the new exhaust but need the commander in order to get the increased performance?
don't bother, just get the ECU flashed by @2wheeldynoworks

Thanks, will the flashed ecu work with all exhausts or do you need to specify which one you will use when sending it?

quick answer is yes, you would need to have a custom fuel map built on the dyno to gain proper performance when switching the exhaust from stock.  

Thanks, will the flashed ecu work with all exhausts or do you need to specify which one you will use when sending it?
We build custom flashes for each individual exhaust. On the full systems they rarely vary more than 10% but they do and that's why we create one for every system we come across. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived