Ixil exhaust

psl

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really like this Ixil L3XB #.VQH88OFvAhRexhaust. What do you think regaring room for centerstand?
What about sound since the rest of the exhaust system will be original?

Doubt that leaves room for the center stand. Also, I don't have my bike in front of me right now to check, but isn't the stock exhaust all welded? That would mean a trip to a muffler shop to have this installed for those of us without experience/tools to do it in our garages. 

Really like this Ixil L3XB #.VQH88OFvAhRexhaust. What do you think regaring room for centerstand?
What about sound since the rest of the exhaust system will be original?

Doubt that leaves room for the center stand. Also, I don't have my bike in front of me right now to check, but isn't the stock exhaust all welded? That would mean a trip to a muffler shop to have this installed for those of us without experience/tools to do it in our garages. 

It is all welded.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• Premium Member
Love the look of that exhaust. Waiting for a modified version that will work with the F-Jay.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

It is all welded.
Ahh... didn't think of that. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Looks like the centerstand rests on the exhaust pipe and would definitely scrape first. Hopefully it is just the angle as I like the looks of those pipes.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 2 months later...
Just installed on my Tracer. Bought for an unbelievable 435 euros on ebay. The exhaust clears the stand, but you have to remove the centrestand to get the stock exhaust off; the stand then goes back on no problem, lots of clearance; the stand hits its stop before touching the exhaust so no ground clearance issues. Fitting very simple, quality looks okay (I had to clean up the end of one of the db-killers with a file where there was some flashing at the end, but nothing major. There is a catalyst in the end of the collector pipes.

Sound is deeper and throatier, and louder, but not offensive (haven't tried without the db-killers!)

I think it may be blowing a little at the header, although I can't feel it; I'll have a go at reseating them, fit seemed fine when I installed them. It might just be a bit of resonance from the pipes.

One thing I don't like is the allen screws on the outside of the tips for removing the db killers; however I might drill out the rivets on the end pieces and reverse them so the top one is on the bottom and vice versa, and the 'slash' is the other way around. I don't think it will cause any ground clearance issues.

The exhaust clears the stand, but you have to remove the centrestand to get the stock exhaust off; the stand then goes back on no problem, 

No you don't. There are a few posts that show how to remove the stock exhaust without removing the center stand.  

Wish I'd read them! Tbh it's no biggy, just 2 bolts, and it gives a little more access. Anyway, here it is: 18840250646_1edd076fb5_b.jpg18678825180_2e7c1202f5_b.jpg18678836580_70fdb57d0a_b.jpg
18678803338_a08acf72ee_b.jpg

• Premium Member
I really like that exhaust. Maybe someday if I get tired of my Ty special modified exhaust.
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived