Ixil exhaust

psl

so I'm guessing your still waiting in Indiana same as me in cali? GRRRRRR SO SICK OF STOCK SOUND!! SCARED OF BEING RUN OVER BY A 90 YEAR OLD BAT THAT CANT HEAR ME COMING!! I haven't painted my wheels yet but did paint the rear peg hangers which looks nice, now gonna do the rearsets and send the ECU for flash and order that CORBIN seat! My skinny ass cant hang with that board of a stock seat! I guess my 01 FZ1 has me spoiled! Speaking of which, tho ive only just now finished the 600 mile break in, I just cant seem to get comfy with the riding position! Again spoiled or too used to the 25k miles on the FZ1! I rolled the bars back a little, didn't seem to help! My hands go numb after less than 15 minutes! Am contemplating aftermarket rearsets and swapping bars from the FZ1 LOL! Any suggestions?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just received an email from Ixil this morning, mine won't even be in Indiana until July 15th!!
so I'm guessing your still waiting in Indiana same as me in cali? GRRRRRR SO SICK OF STOCK SOUND!! SCARED OF BEING RUN OVER BY A 90 YEAR OLD BAT THAT CANT HEAR ME COMING!! I haven't painted my wheels yet but did paint the rear peg hangers which looks nice, now gonna do the rearsets and send the ECU for flash and order that CORBIN seat! My skinny ass cant hang with that board of a stock seat! I guess my 01 FZ1 has me spoiled! Speaking of which, tho ive only just now finished the 600 mile break in, I just cant seem to get comfy with the riding position! Again spoiled or too used to the 25k miles on the FZ1! I rolled the bars back a little, didn't seem to help! My hands go numb after less than 15 minutes! Am contemplating aftermarket rearsets and swapping bars from the FZ1 LOL! Any suggestions? 

Just received an email from Ixil this morning, mine won't even be in Indiana until July 15th!!

It needs a flatter bar like the Gen2 FZ1, if I keep this bike I will probably put another Rizoma bar on to get rid of that weird angle on the wrists. As far as the seat goes, that may be the biggest deal breaker for me. I have the Seat Concepts kit and while it's better, it was a waste of money IMO. I could have spent less at my local upholstery shop and had it done the way I wanted it, which is what I will do next. As far as the exhaust goes, 7/31 is the day I will ask for my money back if it isn't in transit from Indy to my house. Saving the little bit of money over another brand wasn't the reason I went with the Ixil, it was the look. I can just throw on a TBR,MIVV or Yosh and have it shipped to my house in 5 days tops. I ordered mine in June and was informed on June 25th it would be available on July 15th.

It needs a flatter bar like the Gen2 FZ1, if I keep this bike I will probably put another Rizoma bar on to get rid of that weird angle on the wrists. As far as the seat goes, that may be the biggest deal breaker for me. I have the Seat Concepts kit and while it's better, it was a waste of money IMO. I could have spent less at my local upholstery shop and had it done the way I wanted it, which is what I will do next.  
As far as the exhaust goes, 7/31 is the day I will ask for my money back if it isn't in transit from Indy to my house. Saving the little bit of money over another brand wasn't the reason I went with the Ixil, it was the look. I can just throw on a TBR,MIVV or Yosh and have it shipped to my house in 5 days tops. I ordered mine in June and was informed on June 25th it would be available on July 15th.

Ya I totally agree on the bar change and the seat change, the pipe I like the look and sound also even over the yosh and graves, they said yesterday that the shipment is in new York customs but I don't think I believe them, they have LIED about it twice already!! PISS POOR SERVICE for sure! I know of at least 2 shops in UK that have it in stock and I could have had it weeks ago! they offered me a free t shirt and I told them to KMA I want them to overnite the pipe to me, which I doubt they will do! I like the shape of the corbin but I hear its an 8 week wait!? man the aftermarket is lagging bad for this bike!! Anyways thx for the info and wheels down!

Yeah I'm not impressed with their customer service either. I will cancel at the end of this upcoming week if not in transit to me yet and will probably start looking for my next bike. Most likely put the FJ up for sale. Just looking for something to tool around town on for a while, maybe something like a Bonneville T100 or Ducati Scrambler.

• Premium Member
Mine is scheduled for delivery Wednesday. Going to look at a Tuono this week too....
The Tuono is a great bike, just be careful of the plastic gas tank that can have issues.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Well, then don't forget about the poor performing stock rear brake, you have to stand on it to get it to lock up. The 100-110 mile range before the fuel light came on was also kinda a drag.

Oh make sure you get both FACTORY keys or at least the current owner knows the custom "code"

Takes both factory keys to reset it, if the owner doesn't know the code.

So mine got to Sun Diego today and i just finished the easy install! My first impressions are i LOVE THE SOUND, like the look, and am unimpressed with build quality and quality control! The welds look like Hellen Keller did them herself, one of the crosstubes had a booger the size of a peanut on the inside dangling by a thread that i had to file off, AND i understand its part of the bending process but all three tubes of the header pipe had about a teaspoon of sand INSIDE!! Granted its an EXHAUST tube, but still!!! Personally i dont want sand that close to my cylinders!!! Im sure they wouldnt have to double the price in order to get the god damn sand out before they ship it!! Now for a quick day or 2 of riding it then ship the ecu for the tune!! Will update if anyone cares enuf!! Oh and i pulled the trigger on the corbin seat today so lets see how long i wait for that necessary to make it bearable part!

Exhaust arrived and installed. I debated getting the header ceramic coated, but the local guy showed me a sample and it's a dirty looking Matte Black that wouldn't match the rest so it will stay the way it is. Packaging was fine, no sand in the pipes and only had one little piece of slag on the top of one of the header tubes where you can't see it by the bolts, no biggie. For $649 I don't think you can beat it, the way I change bikes I wasn't spending $1200 on an exhaust to change the noise. Honestly doesn't feel any different on the ole butt dyno, maybe a little snappier feeling up top, I will probably spring for the flash next month.
It's really really loud without the baffles, 10 years ago I would have been giggling nonstop. Baffles are staying in, but I might cut the baffle length down to increase the sound a bit. Made a couple of quick vids with my phone and they don't do the exhaust justice, it really sounds mean with or without the baffles in. Installed in about 30 minutes start to finish, just take the end cap off the stock exhaust, put it on the sidestand and curse real loud a couple times and it falls out.

Quick edit, it weighs 7# less than the stock exhaust.

Ixil%20Rear%20Quarter_zpskeeuinit.jpg

Ixil%20front%20quarter_zpstydzxhsi.jpg

Ixil%20Side_zpslrkvzvo8.jpg

Well .....I've been driving round in my van ALL DAY planning my strategylogging into this forum for the first time ( Just joined)AND asking a bunch of silly questions about the IXIL hyperflow exhaust before ordering mine....
HOWEVER - You seem to have covered it.. !!!
Thanks guy's
Your awesome
Pictures forthcoming

Archived