Ixil exhaust

psl

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cut the baffles and removed the small inner pipe from each, it lands in between where I wanted and if I get sick of it I can re-weld the pipe back on ( although a tad shorter )
So just the larger ends of the baffles are re-installed
IMG_1957_zpsuibsks2r.jpg

IMG_1958_zpsbnyqbyiw.jpg

I plan on doing some miles tomorrow, hope I dont hate it

I have considered it, but at this point I am happy with the sound, I think I mis-spoke when I said it sounded the same as stock baffles. It seemed a tad louder on the ride to and from work today.

FWIW the inner pipe is 5" in stock form and now 3"

so ive had a week and 200 miles with the pipe(baffles out) and i am 47 but absolutely love rattling the neighbors teeth out and the added safety that she might hear me if she doesnt see me and not run me over!! I LOVE THE SOUND AND LOOK OF THE PIPE  and the butt dyno says its a little snappier midrange but thats probably just me!  One thing for sure is that 7 pounds of weight off is a significant power to weight ratio change!I dont think a reflash is necessary but am going to do it for the removal of the speed limiter! thinking about just buying the flash kit so that i can play with it myself! Over all this pipe is worth every penny! Oh if anybody wants or needs, i was lazy with stock exhaust removal(employed the sawzall teqniuque lol) so i have the 2 pieces i dont need or want if someone does hit me up!

• 3 weeks later...
OK guys I really need an exclamation of how loud this pipe is.
I'm 62 years old and do not like loud pipes but the stock pipe is too quiet and I can't really hear any exhaust.
How loud is this if somebody can give me an indication. I hate the drone of pipes but I want to be able to hear the gears as I go through them.
Don't want to disturb my neighbors just want to be able to hear the low rumble of the engine.

OK guys I really need an exclamation of how loud this pipe is. I'm 62 years old and do not like loud pipes but the stock pipe is too quiet and I can't really hear any exhaust.
How loud is this if somebody can give me an indication. I hate the drone of pipes but I want to be able to hear the gears as I go through them.
Don't want to disturb my neighbors just want to be able to hear the low rumble of the engine.
Then buy the Titanium Akrapovic.  Nice rumble, won't wake the neighbours.

Archived