Ixil exhaust

psl

Looks good, doesn't seem to loud, really hard to say without hearing it in person. Does the exhaust drone at steady cruise on the highway or elsewhere? I'll most likely go this route as well, you can get this exhaust
and your ECU flashed for the price of most other systems. It's not the most glamorous system, but it's a lot of bang for your hard earned money. Thanks for posting the pics and vids.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Exhaust arrived and installed. I debated getting the header ceramic coated, but the local guy showed me a sample and it's a dirty looking Matte Black that wouldn't match the rest so it will stay the way it is. Packaging was fine, no sand in the pipes and only had one little piece of slag on the top of one of the header tubes where you can't see it by the bolts, no biggie. For $649 I don't think you can beat it, the way I change bikes I wasn't spending $1200 on an exhaust to change the noise. Honestly doesn't feel any different on the ole butt dyno, maybe a little snappier feeling up top, I will probably spring for the flash next month. It's really really loud without the baffles, 10 years ago I would have been giggling nonstop. Baffles are staying in, but I might cut the baffle length down to increase the sound a bit. Made a couple of quick vids with my phone and they don't do the exhaust justice, it really sounds mean with or without the baffles in. Installed in about 30 minutes start to finish, just take the end cap off the stock exhaust, put it on the sidestand and curse real loud a couple times and it falls out.

Quick edit, it weighs 7# less than the stock exhaust.

Ixil%20Rear%20Quarter_zpskeeuinit.jpg

Ixil%20front%20quarter_zpstydzxhsi.jpg

Ixil%20Side_zpslrkvzvo8.jpg

Beautiful exhaust. It would be my choice if I didn't have a modified stock exhaust.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Looks good, doesn't seem to loud, really hard to say without hearing it in person. Does the exhaust drone at steady cruise on the highway or elsewhere? I'll most likely go this route as well, you can get this exhaust and your ECU flashed for the price of most other systems. It's not the most glamorous system, but it's a lot of bang for your hard earned money. Thanks for posting the pics and vids.
I will try to update the question about the drone after this weekend, I was too busy riding wheelies and listening to the engine scream. But make no mistake, with no baffles it's loud. Very Loud.

• Premium Member
I got mine installed too, it took me about an hour  
Couple of random pics.

IMG_1946_zpsmagsafg3.jpg

IMG_1951_zpsryjhcqoc.jpg
Nice pictures, thanks. And no hacking on the center stand exhaust bumper, good. Looks like they fixed things.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

couple posts up another guy said 7lbs lighter. As for the center stand not a single mod or change, tons of room. 

Being mid 40's the baffles are staying in, it is plenty loud and sounds damn good to me.

Looks great! Mine is on the way, can't wait! Anything you would highlight regarding removing the stock exhaust or installing the ixil that would be good to know for a beginner?

Looks awesomeI'm stokedjust about to order mineJust waiting for a delivery estimate......My UK supplier is in Wales but I live in Scotland ---- So the delivery charge should only be around £5000
I was sitting in my underpants dribbling and thinking about this IXIL
Just out of interest --- How would it sound with ONE db killer IN and ONE OUT
Would it kerb its enthusiasm a little but still loosen roof tiles.... ????

Looks awesomeI'm stokedjust about to order mineJust waiting for a delivery estimate......My UK supplier is in Wales but I live in Scotland ---- So the delivery charge should only be around £5000 I was sitting in my underpants dribbling and thinking about this IXIL
Just out of interest --- How would it sound with ONE db killer IN and ONE OUT
Would it kerb its enthusiasm a little but still loosen roof tiles.... ????

Search on Youtube for FZ-09 Ixil, there is a guy that posted videos with just one.

• Premium Member
I just don't get the appeal, other than the price. Three into two doesn't make sense somehow.
Cause it looks bitchen. super_zpsd4x7by7h.gif 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I just don't get the appeal, other than the price. Three into two doesn't make sense somehow.
Because some people don't like 3 into 1 into a big ass chamber. I like the 3 into 1 into 2. Plus that's a lot of money saved for a flash and tires. And the main factor is I change bikes way too often and I'm not dropping 1200 for an Akrapovic, which is the only other exhaust that looks worth a shit in IMO. The rest of them look like a pipe with a big ass generic can hanging on the end. 

Archived