Rebound adjuster not working

Just stripped forks down to replace top fork tubes, for different colour. Now their back together, the rebound adjuster only has 3 clicks. Coincidentally , it rides really well, but obviously something's not quite right. Before I strip down again, any idea what I might have done ? There was a nut on the threaded rod just under cap. Does anyone know the correct distance to set this ? Im guessing I've not threaded on enough or too little.

9 minutes ago, Tripletrouble said:

Just stripped forks down to replace top fork tubes, for different colour. Now their back together, the rebound adjuster only has 3 clicks. Coincidentally , it rides really well, but obviously something's not quite right. Before I strip down again, any idea what I might have done ? 

You've almost certainly not adjusted the rebound screw on the fork cap correctly.  Before you put the fork cap back on you need to wind it in i.e. clockwise the number of clicks specified in the handbook: 11.  Once you've done that screw the cap back on until it stops.  Check by winding the rebound screw fully out i.e. anti-clockwise and you should get 11 clicks.  Wind clockwise 11 clicks again and snug up the lock nut to the fork cap. Lift the fork outer tube up to the fork cap and screw the cap back into the fork tube.  Double check again that you have 11 clicks range on the rebound.  Job done.

CS

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, captainscarlet said:

You've almost certainly not adjusted the rebound screw on the fork cap correctly.  Before you put the fork cap back on you need to wind it in i.e. clockwise the number of clicks specified in the handbook: 11.  Once you've done that screw the cap back on until it stops.  Check by winding the rebound screw fully out i.e. anti-clockwise and you should get 11 clicks.  Wind clockwise 11 clicks again and snug up the lock nut to the fork cap. Lift the fork outer tube up to the fork cap and screw the cap back into the fork tube.  Double check again that you have 11 clicks range on the rebound.  Job done.

CS

Dave Moss explained that critical point in detail in the video you posted.  2 thumbs up for Dave Moss videos. 👍👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived