Kriega US Dry Pack

johan

• Premium Member
Hello

I have ordered a new MT-09 Tracer and I am currently waiting for a delivery date. The dealer is optimistic that it will be delivered in the next week or so. My first choice was red but the earliest delivery date for that is end of April, and since I though the race blue demonstrator they have looks different and nice I changed my order!

Has anybody fitted a Kriega US Dry Pack to a Tracer yet? Was it easy to fit with the standard straps? I have ordered the Yamaha panniers but will likely only use them for longer touring and I am considering a US 20 Dry Pack. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I have Kriega US 20 on order, due in next week. I'll let you know how it went and post some pics
I used my Kriega US 20 on Monday, very good product. I also have the US 5 which I use as a tank bag with the Kriega Tank and I have a R25 ruck sack. Quality kit.

• Premium Member
Yeah, R25 is possibly the best piece of kit I ever owned. Did you fit US 20 easily, do you have any photos?
I'll try to get photos posted later, but yes, it was easy. The front two tabs easily went round the frame under the seat. At the rear it was possible to get them round the frame under the seat, but I lopped them round the external mounting for the racks/luggage. When I don't use them I fold them under the seat so they don't flap in the wind. Not sure if I'll have to change them when (if) I get the Yamaha panniers. The Kriega bags are very versatile and you may well figure out a different way - e.g. you could just route the rear tabs under the seat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Thanks for that, I never bothered to update the thread but I bought a US20 pack and fitted it in exactly the same way. I also got the tank adaptor for a US5 pack. The 20 is too small for touring and I'll get a 30.

• 10 months later...
I have used Kriega kit for years, it's expensive but bloody brilliant.. I have the US 10 (x2), a US 20 and a US 30. All have been used together, with the tank strap and by themselves. I would not like to guess the miles they have covered but as I've owned them for about 8 years I'm guessing 30,000 plus. That saying I have only used them on my last couple of bikes a Z750 and a FZ1Fazer, they are easy to fit but a little fiddly at times but have never leaked. The only issue is a slight split in the US 30 as a result of me using it as a work bag and carrying stuff far to heavy for it, even so it still doesn't leak!!
I use the US 10 the most followed by the 20 and least the 30, it's a lot bigger than you may think.
As you can see I'm a massive fan of their kit and would really recommend it to anyone.
I have fitted the Yam panniers and a givi box to my bike but I won't sell my Kriega kit, I may still want to use it.

Buddha

Ive just got myself the Kriega stash and the case to hold my Tablet for the trip to Normandy in may - ive a feeling I might be ordering at least the US- 20 for the same trip as I had my first look today  at the Yamaha soft panniers that im having fitted soon - they are a tad tiny but for a weekend away they will be perfect, just not for a week. Id forgotton about this thread you started Johan, good to hear that its quality kit. Im not a fan of riding with a ruckie on, buts thats just me.

• Premium Member
I have a US30 and a US20. For a long weekend I think the US30 will do. It's stable and does not add any width, and you carry the weight on the pillion seat, not behind the pivot point as you would with a top case.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived