New Tracer 900 GT Owner, Virginia USA

vincep

Hi there - nice forum.

Have gone from a Multistrada (too big) to a Hyperstrada (too small) to the GT - only 500 miles over the weekend but liking it so far.

As an older rider (55), I do not need the HP of the Multistrada and although I put a fun 20k miles on that 2011 model, it was a bit large and top heavy.  Have put 20k miles on my 2013 Hyperstrada as well and am keeping it.  The Hyper has a great engine and is a hoot to ride, but uncomfortable for a weekend away - though I have done it plenty of times.  Great day rider.

I am trying to resist the urge to start buying additional stuff for the GT - but the force is strong.  So far a PDM60 to distribute power and a mount for my Garmin 665  / XM antenna.  Need to wire that in over the next few days.  

Thanks to the posts and comments on the GT page - have received ideas for a tank bag and other goodies.  What makes forums the best.

Finally a plug - having settled on the GT I went to the local dealers and shopped a price.  Romney Cycles West Virginia were hands down the best price by over 10% and great to deal with.  I had never been to that store before, but it is huge (Yamaha/Kawasaki/Suzuki/farm equipment), and in the middle of nowhere.  Great team out there.

Keep well - Vince

Archived