First "real" ride of the year

I had the bike out for a quickie blast around the block last week, but the weather has been cold (40's) and VERY wet, so today was the first chance I had to take an actual ride.  

Had to fill up with gas and noticed that my last fill up (I use ACAR on my phone to keep track of all my vehicles) was September 29th of LAST YEAR!  Entirely too long.

Felt good, and got to execute my first "banzai pass" of the year.  Opportunities to pass are limited by twisty and hilly roads (like that's a bad thing...) so when one comes up, one does NOT dawdle.  I could almost hear Gramps shaking his fist at me...😄

• Premium Member

We must be on the same wave length, aside from commuting to work, I did my first real ride of the season today. Went north of Seattle to highway 20, just south of the Canadian border, and crossed east over the North Cascades Pass and headed south and took Highway 2 back west over Stevens pass. Total ride was 500 miles, 2 mountain passes, 10 hours, and a lot of great riding.

Love that ride, but I'm beat.....

• Supporting Member

@DavidS  That is always a great ride, I'm glad it opened early this year.  In July I am going to ride North Cascades Highway to the Idaho border and then return through the Colville Reservation and Coulee City along Banks Lake.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived