Ermax Touring and Sport Screen Windshields

Hi Guys,  
Would love to hear your feedback and see some pictures from those of you that have ordered, and will shortly be receiving these screens from us!

I would like to buy a sport screen without the side cut-outs, could Ermax make one?

A small sport screen for warm months. This would require hand guard removal - don't want those in warm months anyway.

I currently have the CalSci small screen, but it has cut-outs for hand guards. CalSci did not reply to my email query about a sport screen for use without hand guards (very disappointed in their non-reply as I am already a customer of theirs! >:()

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Just got my Ermax touring windshield and installed it. Looks great, it was carefully wrapped and boxed and arrived in perfect condition.
Took me longer to remove the stickers than install it. Measured seat to top of windshield at approx. 23 inches plus or minus a half an inch.
My level wasn't quite long enough so couldn't be exact. This was measured with the seat in high position and windshield all the way up.

For me it will need to be in a lower position to see over it. Can't test ride because it has been pouring out since this morning.
Will report later when I ride a few hundred miles with it.

I would like to buy a sport screen without the side cut-outs, could Ermax make one? 
A small sport screen for warm months. This would require hand guard removal - don't want those in warm months anyway.

I currently have the CalSci small screen, but it has cut-outs for hand guards. CalSci did not reply to my email query about a sport screen for use without hand guards (very disappointed in their non-reply as I am already a customer of theirs! >:()

I'll ask them over at Ermax if this is something that's possible! 

• Premium Member
I've not yet had the chance to ride the FJ yet (can't buy it for another couple of weeks, alas, but it's getting close enough for me to almost taste it) so I don't have first-hand experience with even the stock windscreen, but from what I've read the stock screen can be pretty noisy. The Ermax screens look interesting, and certainly the prices are reasonable, and I have a couple of questions for anyone who might have tried one already:

Does Ermax touring screen have less buffeting/noise than the stock screen?  I see it has a couple of cutouts so I think it might.

Is the Ermax screen adjustable-height like the stocker?  The same range?

How well does the sport screen work?  Approximately where does the windflow hit?

Coming from a Daytona 675 (not exactly the bike for touring, but good fun in the twisties :-) and previously an SV650S I'm accustomed to having the airflow hit me around shoulder height and I've been happy with that, so I might opt for the smaller screen if it has that kind of airflow, especially in the warm months.

Of course this might be moot if the stock screen works out, but even if so the Ermax stuff looks better than stock :-).

Thanks for any information.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

I am very happy with the Ermax touring windshield. Put about 320 mile yesterday in the mountains. Much better control of air flow.
I am running it at the the mid position, At 5' 10", I want to look over it. Quieter also, ran in that position all day.

http://philkin.smugmug.com/FJ-09/i-FwVm7VB
http://philkin.smugmug.com/FJ-09/i-mWLMnTj
http://philkin.smugmug.com/FJ-09/i-zNGphGS
http://philkin.smugmug.com/FJ-09/i-dgxb26X

Installed my Gray Touring Screen last night in 5 minutes and did my normal 45 mile commute to work this morning with 40 of those miles on the freeway . this Screen is AWESOME ! So much less buffeting at 80+ , easy to see thru even thou I still look over it at highest position . Still have plenty of airflow to my body coming around the center of Screen . The only minor issue I can see is the handgaurds do contact the screen at full lock , but it doesnt restrict handlebars . Highly recommend this screen for commuting .

Installed my Gray Touring Screen last night in 5 minutes and did my normal 45 mile commute to work this morning with 40 of those miles on the freeway . this Screen is AWESOME ! So much less buffeting at 80+ , easy to see thru even thou I still look over it at highest position . Still have plenty of airflow to my body coming around the center of Screen . The only minor issue I can see is the handgaurds do contact the screen at full lock , but it doesnt restrict handlebars . Highly recommend this screen for commuting .

Pictures? :D

Do you happen to have your bars in the forward position?

Archived