LED Turn Signals As Running Lights

I've seen people on here saying that unless your turn signals have 3 wires you can't use them as running lights. 

When I recently hooked up my new CNC Racing front turn signals I cut the connectors off the original signals and soldered them onto the new signal wires. I connected the red wire from the new signal to the blue wire on the Yamaha connector, then you have to pick one of the other two wires to connect to. I guess I got lucky with the one I picked because the new signals come on as running lights and blink as turn signals. 

I was surprised because from what I had read on this forum I wasn't expecting it to work that way. 

So if yours don't work as running lights try hooking it up to the other wire. 

This is very interesting.  I'm wondering if the same can be accomplished at the rear.

I'm trying to come up with a solution for the GT that will allow for a clean tail tidy but keep the signals visible with the factory cases on.  My current plan is to sort out a flush mounted signal on the outside of the case where the ugly factory reflector is and use a mag connect to run power to it.  Two conductor mag connect is pretty common.  Givi uses them.  Three conductor or more are harder to come by.

I'm curious if your results are a function on the lights you installed or something that could be replicated with other lights as well.  Might be time for some experimentation.

Archived