1st FJ-09 in the U.S.?

Cool that its here. However, this months MSRP is next months $2000 discount. No matter how hot the bike, good old American capitalism always prevails. By next month these will be all over the country. When I went shopping for my 2012 Goldwing, it too was the 'latest hottest' etc. No reasonable pricing was to be had. The month after they were released the dealers were inundated with them and I got a great price. BTW, this is the color Im getting...

So...I went to the dealer that posted this on Craigslist Saturday. There was a red FJ 09 on the showroom floor and it was for sale. $10,490 was the MSRP. Sat on it, talked to the store guys there and to the Yamaha rep that was on site. They had theirs because they went down to the port and picked it up. The dealers in Southern California are all expecting inventory this week. This was confirmed by the Yamaha rep. Red is ok, but I want to see the dark gray one up close.

So...I went to the dealer that posted this on Craigslist Saturday. There was a red FJ 09 on the showroom floor and it was for sale. $10,490 was the MSRP. Sat on it, talked to the store guys there and to the Yamaha rep that was on site. They had theirs because they went down to the port and picked it up. The dealers in Southern California are all expecting inventory this week. This was confirmed by the Yamaha rep. Red is ok, but I want to see the dark gray one up close.

So, what did you think of it?

I had already seen the FJ09 at the Long Beach show. I really like the size, looks, build quality, etc. There has been a lot of interest in it down here in Socal. For the money nothing comes close. The Yamaha rep did tell me that the rear suspension set up is the same as the FZ..no change to address the critique from the reviews. The new bikes do have reprogrammed control units to address the abrupt throttle issues of the early FZs. It's not perfect, but is an improvement. There is a local shop up here in Camarillo, Jett Tuning, that has a re flash that is dialed in and I am told is superior to the factory fix. Lastly, on the color, the guys I spoke to at the shop Saturday said that the black is not really blach, more of a dark grey color. Yamaha is going to sell a ton of these bikes.

• 1 month later...

Archived