• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Motorcycle Crash On TN. HWY 68

I was travelling home yesterday morning from several great days of riding up in the WNC  mountains  when I came upon a serious looking crash in one of the tight curves just south of the Coker Creek community. Don't know any detials, just what I was told by a bystander that was helping direct traffic. He said someone had contacted 911, there were several folks assisting victims and directing traffic, so I didn't stop. When I was waved thru there was one rider laying face down in the road with someone attending to him.

That really put a damper on the end of my trip to see a fellow rider in that condition, I hope & pray that he's ok. If anyone that lives in the area  hears any news please let me know.

Honestly surprised you didn't see more. When I was out there last month, I saw 3 wrecks on a Sunday, one sport bike on the Cherohala, and two full dresser harleys (we all know they can't turn) one on 28 near Fontana Dam and another on Tail of the Dragon, 129.... All in corners, don't think any were seriously injured but first responders were already on scene for all wrecks.

• Premium Member

That’s part of my go to loop. I ride that stretch a  few times a month. Thankfully there aren’t many crashes on it. 

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon

Well its been a week now and I haven't found anything on this accident, I even called pandoras motorsports in Chattanooga because one of the bikes was bmw rs 1200. So im hoping that it wasn't as serious as it looked and there wasn't a serious injury or fatality. 

Everyone ride safe.