Vancouver to Incline Village 2019-2K

redfjniner

Ride Vancouver to Tahoe 2019

I was looking at 100 degree days and two days of riding in those temps to get to Smartsville, CA. I had an interesting route planned but rerouted to reduce time in the sun. Vanc. 2 Medford, 2 K Falls 2 Weed 2 Red Bluff, US 99 to 149 to 70 to 20 and ended in Smartsville and an nice cool swimming pool. Two days laying around a horse ranch in 90+ temps, then on to Incline Village, NV, on Lake Tahoe. I rode around to the South side to get a checkpoint in Pioneer. All fun roads. 49 wasn't too busy and I was able to carve some corners out of Auburn, and pretty much got to pass at will all the way to Placerville. Took some back roads out of Placerville; Tiger Lily, Burks Bar, Mt. Aukum, Fairplay, Omo Ranch to 88 and went west to Pioneer. Back on 88 going East to Woodford, where I picked up the Hillside roads to Carson. Up US 50 to 28, and around the NE corner of Lake Tahoe to Incline Village.

Developed a stomach flu while there so didn't ride any of the local roads for the next five days.  On the day I started home, a day earlier than planned, I took a ride to the coast by way of CA89 and CA 36.  Have done this road a number of times before and it has always provided me with FUN ride.  The road changes all the time and gives tons of variety.  That ride was 378 miles to Arcata.  I then did 417mile to get home the next day.  Temps going home were great.  Although I missed the rides around Tahoe; 108, 4, 88, 50, Bucks Lake, Ice House, etc, etc. I have done them all before.  The ride home totally made up for the stomach issue for 5 days.  I got home with 87K, almost exactly 2,000 miles.

Didn't take many pictures, tummy issue:  Me with a month old colt, FJ at Caples Lake Dam, Caples Lake from top of dam, Patrick Creek Lodge on US 199 between Crescent City and Grants Pass.

P1010199.JPG

P1010220.JPG

P1010224.JPG

P1010227.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member

I know that area and all those roads well. My Dad lives off Geiger Grade between Reno and Virginia City, and I'm heading down there next weekend. Sorry to hear about your stomach issues, that is no fun at all.