AMCN test report on new MT-09 Tracer - Vol 64 No 18.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
The latest (19 Mar to 1 April) issue of Australian Motorcycle News carries a lengthy report on the new Tracer.
it was pretty positive, as far as one can trust a journo's prose and his inevitable reliance on the manufacturer's PR, but the ride and the report was seriously compromised in my view as the bike was ridden, and therefore evaluated, two-up throughout the test.
No reason why any bike should not be looked at in terms of its suitability for and performance while carrying a pillion, but something has been lost here, I feel.   The article even suggested that Yamaha had deliberately [em]"designed the Tracer with the pillion in mind".  A[/em]nd some detail in some of the accompanying pix were not exactly true to the bike I've been studying in the showroom...
Quibbling aside, I was pleased to read that the reviewer found the ergos of the bike to be very comfortable, a key matter for me, as I'm used to GS-type ergonomics.   Fuel consumption was also pretty fair at 4.6L/ 100km. 
Oz readers - get yourselves the AMCN mag and read away!
L of S [em]('39 model)[/em][em]Brisbane, [/em][em]Queensland, [/em][em]Australia[/em]

• Premium Member
they probably took the ECU's calculation as gospel when it is wildly optimistic in speed and fuel consumption
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived