Removing the left (heated) grip?

scjaws

37 minutes ago, scjaws said:

😡

Hacksaw. 

Seriously though, it depends on if it was epoxied onto the handlebars or if another type of adhesive was used. 

Banging on it with a hammer/pliers and or twisting it off with force may destroy the heating element, just a heads up. 

Others may have had a better experience...

-Skip

Yet to see epoxy but it's pretty common for grip glue to be used which is usually a form of rubber cement. If I think they've been glued I squirt wd40 in to try to soften the glue.

Use my pancake compressor with a small tip to help move the left grip off the bar. It's worked on the factory heated grip for me but I had done the install myself and hadn't used glue since it was already a tight fit. 

Edited by chitown

I removed the original standard grips using and air gun on the open end. I also removed the Yamaha heated grips using the same method when I changed handlebars. There is a lot of discussion about this online, but is very easy to accomplish. I even removed one grip with an airline when I still had the screw-in fitting on the end of the handlebar, it came off that easy. I use hairspray to wet the handlebar or throttle insert when reassembling.