Low Seat for the GT Inquiry

ozn3

Has anyone tried this already? If so, is it worth the purchase? I'm only 5'6" and would like to reach the ground better during stop and go situations hehe Nope, I don't want to use lowering links so a slightly lower seat will do. 

B5C-F4710-A0-00-LOW-SEAT-RIDER-Studio-00

Low Rider Seat - For your Yamaha Model Name

16 hours ago, ozn3 said:

Has anyone tried this already? If so, is it worth the purchase? I'm only 5'6" and would like to reach the ground better during stop and go situations hehe Nope, I don't want to use lowering links so a slightly lower seat will do. 

B5C-F4710-A0-00-LOW-SEAT-RIDER-Studio-00

Low Rider Seat - For your Yamaha Model Name

Can sympathise with you, I'm just a tad taller at 5'7", used to be 5'7.5" but lost half an inch somewhere along the line. I use the lower seat setting on my GT and works fine for me. Tried one fitted with lowered suspension and although it does lower the bike considerably it also makes it a bit harder to hoist onto the centre stand as the whole bike is lower so a bit harder to lift. I've noticed on this lower seat accessory that the hump on the front of the seat is much more pronounced than the standard seat, probably because they've simply scalloped the padding in the middle and towards the front but left the front bit alone. I had this done to me previous bike (FJR1300) and had to have it reversed as it made me sit lower in the seat and pushed my knackers hard up against the front of the seat which made it very uncomfortable and even painful. The Kawasaki Versys and a few others have this sort of configuration where the hump on the front of the seat is very pronounced, may be ok for you. Something to keep in mind. 

• 2 months later...