VStream+ Sport/Tour Windscreen

Tony Doms

I am looking at upgrading my standard screen to a VStream+ Sport/Tour Windscreen and was looking for feedback about these from members who have upgraded to this screen. The quality looks excellent and they are nicely styled but do they work well?

I have used them both of my previous fj09 and feel it’s worth while.  For me I think it looks good and works even better.  Larger than stock of course but not so large it restricts all air flow or creates hot pockets of dead air.  I have used on multiple cross country trips and would recommend highly.  

• Premium Member

It works fine, certainly better than stock, but the air pocket is still not as quiet as I would like. I originally mounted the sport touring version, but it was obviously too short for me so I upgraded to the touring version. I am 6'3" with a 33" inseam, so I have a long torso. If I scrunch down a little the air gets nice and quiet, but I'm just too darn tall.

Eventually I will probably switch to the Madstad screen because it offers more adjustability and I think they have a taller one. For now I'm looking for a clip on visor to add to my existing V-Stream.

Thanks for the advice, I have been a little undecided whether to run with the sport/touring or the higher full touring version. Given I am only 5'6" (1.675m) my thinking is the sport/touring screen should be adequate. I don't get knocked around a lot with the standard screen but enough to be irritating when the wind gets up. I am mainly a short-range day rider with the occasional overnighter chucked in, but no more than about 185 mikes (300kms) a day though. The touring screen looks massive to me in the pic's and videos. Being vertically challenged what is the recommendation, sport/touring or full/touring?

Edited by Tony Doms
Better grammar

Just my 2 cents. Like many i've been through at least 3 windscreens. the buffeting was so unbearable that I didn't even want to ride. Tried the Vstream Sport, not good. My solution was the Madstat 22". I'm 5'10". I personally think it looks like crap, but it works.

FJ09 madstad.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

I just fitted the MRA VTM screen on my GT. I'm 5'7" and it works a treat. Very happy, between the built in height adjustment and the small deflector on the top, I can achieve every scenario I could ever want. Air fully over the top of my lid, or at shoulder height with the lid in clear airflow, like on a sportsbike. Worth a look in my opinion.