Windshield adjustement

Hi!
    I have played with my windshield adjustement yesterday, and even if I fully screw both knobs, sliding parts on each sides are still loose. The windshield is tight and not moving, and I have refered to my owner manual and followed instructions but they still "wiggeling" a bit. Are they all like that??

Thanks!  

Mine are the same, on my short commute to work I don't wear earplugs (bigger rides I do) and I can hear those plastic parts rattling when riding on some of our rough UK roads!! Was going to mention it on my 1st service, it's no big deal tho' if that's how they are HTH.

Mine is the same. I tried tightening the screws but the play seems to be elsewhere. I thought about taking the windshield off and looking but decided not to mess with it.  When riding,  I noticed the top edge of the windshield vibrating when it was fully raised.  It is a bit distracting.  Windshield vibrates less when fully lowered. 

• Premium Member
one of my knobs fell out so I replaced it with an allen bolt - looks neater and the allen key under the seat fits the bolt. I put a nylok nut on the back of the bolt to stop it working loose
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Hi!     I have played with my windshield adjustement yesterday, and even if I fully screw both knobs, sliding parts on each sides are still loose. The windshield is tight and not moving, and I have refered to my owner manual and followed instructions but they still "wiggeling" a bit. Are they all like that??

Thanks!  
I think that is how they are designed as mine is the same.  I question some of Yamaha's design decisions.

People complained about the need for tool when adjusting the shield on the S10. I assume they designed the FJ's windshield to be able to adjust it without the use of tool. Damned if you do... damned if you dont kinda thing

The loose pieces bugged me too. The simple solution is to get two 3/4 in. Inside diameter or larger O rings and slip over the knobs. I think this will also stop the knobs from loosening. Easy to slip them off when you want to adj. shield then slip them back on. Worked for me.

Archived