• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Is the EU/UK ECU plug and play on the US FJ09?

bobdog

Does anyone know if I can swap the UK ECU (without the 115 mph speed limiter) for the US ECU while I wait to get the other one reflashed?  Anyone know what the ECU costs?  
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Does anyone know if I can swap the UK ECU (without the 115 mph speed limiter) for the US ECU while I wait to get the other one reflashed?  Anyone know what the ECU costs?  

There isn't a price associated with that part number yet in the USA, at least. It would involve a phone call to Yamaha corp.

Yamaha has finally begun using ECU's that are writable with the correct engine programming file. Meaning, that it might be possible to use a Europe ECU in a USA bike.
Would need someone over seas to give us the p/n off their ECU to compare.

Problems might arise with features that are required there, but not here. For example, immobilizer features? In which case, it wouldn't work.

Oh and only a dealer can flash the new ECU's as far as I know. Maybe a few select tuners if they had the correct cables and software, but usually they use a "piggy back" ECU, ala Power Commander V or the like.

My $0.02
-skip

Thanks!  I was thinking of having a "spare".  Might just have to wait for the reflash Cruizin mentioned...
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Archived