Carbon Fibre Wrap

Hi all, I have just wrapped two plastic panels on the side of the GT in Carbon Fibre (looks pretty good even if I do say so myself) but was thinking about giving it a couple of coats of clear lacquer to add a bit more protection. However seen a couple of threads that suggest this is not a good idea due to losing the pattern but others saying this isn't an issue. Has anyone done this and if so what was your experience? thanks Andy

I think it would be an overkill. I had c.f. wrap on trhe hood of my car for 4 years when I sold it. Wos looking like in the firts day. I waxed it from time to time. If you want to go one step up you could try ceramic coating

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Andy434 said:

Hi all, I have just wrapped two plastic panels on the side of the GT in Carbon Fibre (looks pretty good even if I do say so myself) but was thinking about giving it a couple of coats of clear lacquer to add a bit more protection. However seen a couple of threads that suggest this is not a good idea due to losing the pattern but others saying this isn't an issue. Has anyone done this and if so what was your experience? thanks Andy

Andy, when you are finished with the wrap job, make sure to post a few photos.  I always like seeing owners doing something unique with their vehicles.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have just dismantled the front fairing around the headlights and the windscreen housing (bit of a pain to get off with loads of little screws) but going to wrap these pieces as well. Will post some pics by the weekend. Could look shite but hey you can always take it off!.

• Thanks 1