FJ-09 Stock Handlebar diameter

jagjr

Hello, 

Just a question, what is the diameter size of the handlebars? I am trying to find out if my phone case bar mount will work on these. My phone mount "features a 1.32-inch diameter opening". Hoping it works.... otherwise I'll get something else for mounting.
Anyways cant wait to get my red FJ09!!!!!!!!!!!

• Premium Member
the grips are standard 22mm 7/8 inch but the bar gets thicker as you move from each grip to the centre. It's about 1.25 inch or 32mm - I had no difficulty putting a 12V/5V USB adapter on the centre of the bar where it is thickest. This one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390662618749

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Hello,  
Just a question, what is the diameter size of the handlebars? I am trying to find out if my phone case bar mount will work on these. My phone mount "features a 1.32-inch diameter opening". Hoping it works.... otherwise I'll get something else for mounting.

The handle bars are different thicknesses at different locations. Where were you hoping to mount the phone case? between the mounts is 1.125 in. (28.575 mm) measured with a dial vernier caliper. 20150404_162322_zpstgdvbjdk.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Hello,  

The handle bars are different thicknesses at different locations. Where were you hoping to mount the phone case? between the mounts is 1.125 in. (28.575 mm) measured with a dial vernier caliper.
I approximated with a tape measure
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
The handle bars are different thicknesses at different locations. Where were you hoping to mount the phone case? between the mounts is 1.125 in. (28.575 mm) measured with a dial vernier caliper.
I approximated with a tape measure
That's because you are an electrical engineer. blbl_zpsvi6inrfd.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I'm impressed with your confidence in Yamaha working to millimetre tolerances of 3 decimal places for the handlebars.

• Premium Member
I'm impressed with your confidence in Yamaha working to millimetre tolerances of 3 decimal places for the handlebars.
That's how I roll baby. You should see our blue prints at work. Well no, cause then I would have to shoot ya, but you get the point. amazon_zpsfidrgfkm.gif 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Wow! Thanks wessie and ULEWZ for the quick response I was expecting to check back tomorrow, instead I come to find all these posts lol! ULEWZ I was hoping between the mounts. thanks for the info guys

Archived