Hand guards cattywampus

Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to get these corrected yet. My right guard is definitely lower than the left, but the left mirror post is rotated slightly more forward than the right one. So to rotate the mirror/brake lever assembly back to bring the hand guard up, the mirror posts would be even more uneven. I'm so confused.

The two bikes on my dealers floor don't have this issue at all that I can tell. May just wait till first service and have them see what they can do.

FigJam, I know how you feel, but as I said before, when you line up the handguards the mirrors will not, but it looks better and after a few miles you will forget about it. Park with the forks turned so there is nothing to line up and you will feel better. The brake unit is hydraulic and the clutch is a old cable unit, and there fore had different design requirements. Like the cable unit was designed in 1975 and the brake unit was designed in 1988(guess'). If Yamaha designed new level units for every bike, you would pay for it. For sure, the clutch lever was exactly like the one on my 1983 Virago, and the brake unit is exactly like that on my 2005 FJR minus the tap for the mirror. If Yamaha had used a Hydraulic clutch they could have matched.
0sENn5U.jpg?1

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived