Coling fan temp

Did a search here but didn't find the exact answer.  Is there a set temp. that triggers the cooling fan to start?  It was quite warm today and coolant 

got up to 211F but the fan did not come on.  Just wondering what other riders see on their FJ-09's

Thanks

PedroPat

1 hour ago, pedropat said:

Did a search here but didn't find the exact answer.  Is there a set temp. that triggers the cooling fan to start?  It was quite warm today and coolant 

got up to 211F but the fan did not come on.  Just wondering what other riders see on their FJ-09's

Thanks

PedroPat

I think the fan comes on about 220-221F. Sounds high but I had mine come on while waiting for a train . Normally would shut down but wanted to make sure the fan was going to turn on And finally did. 

MIKE

• Premium Member

When I had my ECU flashed, I changed that setting to lower the temperature. I think mine now comes on at 205 degrees f.

• Supporting Member

I believe that the standard thermostat setting from factory is 104C(220F).

I had my ECU flashed a while ago and, amongst other changes, the fan now comes on at 95C( 203F).

I tend to shut the bike down when sitting for too long (caught in traffic, traffic control).  Probably not necessary but.... I do it anyway.

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 months later...