Chicago FJayers

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Got my 2015 Red/Black with side cases at Rich's Yamaha in Lockport, IL on 6/17.
They have a 2016 on the floor.

in for the initial service already at 800 miles, mostly in NWI.
2015 FJ-09, Red/Black, Hard Sidecases, Rear Rack with 39L & 50L Top Case, Tank bag with GPS cover. Comfort seat, Now Corban seat, Givi Crash Bars/Sidestand Foot/Sport Touring Windshield, Rad protector, Blaster-x taillight/flasher, HighTechSpeed Proton FZ6R flushmounts (Front) & X-Arc (Rear) additional turn signals & markers, Fender Eliminator/LED plate light. CF fenders/Front extenstion, chain protector and frame filler. Akra Ti exhaust. FTECU with Akro open tune.

• Premium Member
2015 Red: Skokie. I ride weeknights & weekends. Sport tourer. 250~600 mile days no sweat...

Side cases, top case, Givi case guards, Givi screen, tank bag, Fenda Extenda, shock mud guard, hugger extension, GPS & Cell phone mounts, USB, Coaxial & SAE power outlets, low-profile oil drain plug, adjustable, folding & extending clutch & brake levers, and more

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
Hey, all you NE IL and SE, WI FJ-09 Riders, let's get our acts together and on the road and do at least one if not more KMSD ride(s) before the riding season is over!!

I ride until they put salt on the road...

My FJ-09 now has about 7,100 miles since purchased new this last July, and that is in between modifying it, riding my 98 VTR1000F, work and of course family.  But I'm still hankering to get out with some fellow FJ riders!

20161002_164922.jpg

20161002_170637.jpg

20160904_183157.jpg

20160905_154833.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Rockford area... just bought my first super sport matte grey FJ-09 and can't wait to get out on the road with it... I pick it up next weekend, 3/25. I bought mine from Mike F at Nielsen's out of Lake Villa... great guy!! One of the best dealerships I've ever dealt with. Have a great and safe summer everyone!!

Did you get it from Nielsen's?  I just bought my FJ-09 from there... how did you like your's last summer?  Any advice, comments or concerns with the bike?  Everyone seems to love their's... can't really find anyone who doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I bought 2015 fastest Red from Neilsen's as well end of last a June.

What did you pay for what year and color?

CCT and oil drain plug are primary issues along with fraying clutch cable.

I've done all the usual mods plus some and put 10,000 miles on it by November

PM me for ride meet ups

Archived