No Cat?

bobdog

My Akrapovic exhaust shipped with no catalytic convertor.  Any problems running it without it?  Seems there's only one O2 sensor in front of the cat...
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Nope. I get a little decal popping but with the db killer in it isn't annoying at all. I ordered from Revzilla and it was clearly marked on the webpage the cat was an additional option. No CEL or anything like that after a few hundred miles. If you think about it the O2 sensor is before the cat in the stock system as well

Yup.  Same here. Revzilla and decel popping. Anyone know if there are legal issues associated with pulling the cat?
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Only if there are emissions for motorcycles required in your state of registration.

It's a fine line really... If the government or police decide to enforce it than yes, you need a cat. Likewise, anything that is "for sale only for race/off road use only" could also get you a ticket if used on the street.

But like I said, it's up to enforcement. I'd only worry if I lived in CA.

From a "green" standpoint, it's also better for the earth to have a cat "scrub" the most harmful stuff from the exhaust.

-S

I have the graves block off plates coming and a K&n filter. Should rid the popping. Will do an ECu Reflash as soon as it's available to smooth out the on/off throttle and take advantage of the extra flow. On the plus if you do decide or find out you need the cat it's only $100.00 and a 10 minutes job to install

Archived