Difference between 2014-18 and 2019+ stator covers

jetpilot5

Does anyone know the difference in the stator covers between the 2014-18 models and the 2019 and newer bikes? I'm looking at installing Yoshimura case savers and the website says they will fit the 2014-18 bikes. No mention of newer models. Looking up the part numbers there is a one number difference but I don't see any physical difference in the part pictures. Crankcase part numbers are the same for all years which leads me to believe that the covers are dimensionally the same. Maybe a difference in paint color?

This would be for my 2019 Niken. Thanks!

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, jetpilot5 said:

Does anyone know the difference in the stator covers between the 2014-18 models and the 2019 and newer bikes? I'm looking at installing Yoshimura case savers and the website says they will fit the 2014-18 bikes. No mention of newer models. Looking up the part numbers there is a one number difference but I don't see any physical difference in the part pictures. Crankcase part numbers are the same for all years which leads me to believe that the covers are dimensionally the same. Maybe a difference in paint color?

This would be for my 2019 Niken. Thanks!

I don't know of any difference between the '15 FJ and the '21 GT motor.  To my knowledge the engines are the same from the FZ/MT/FJ/XSR/Tracer/GT and more than likely Niken as well.

However, given the width of the Niken front end, is it even possible to touch the stator cover on the ground? 🤷‍♀️

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

In a flop and slide I don't know if the engine covers would touch or not. With the location of the Niken wheels the front of the engine stays nice and clean but road debris thrown up from the tires hits the engine side cases. A little catches the outside of your boot too. So the guards would be used to protect from that.

• Thumbsup 1