Hagon vs Wilbers shocks

alquimista

Hi, 

For my FJ-09 2016, I have been offered 3 options for the back shock replacement. The German Wilbers is in the middle price range, and the English Hagon, the lowest (half the price). Wonder if the Wilbers offers the double of quality and comfort than the Hagon? 

Edited by alquimista

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, alquimista said:

Hi, 

For my FJ-09 2016, I have been offered 3 options for the back shock replacement. The German Wilbers is in the middle price range, and the English Hagon, the lowest (half the price). Wonder if the Wilbers offers the double of quality and comfort than the Hagon? 

I would compare feature by feature to see if they are equal.  What was the 3rd shock option?  There are many shock options available for the FJ09/Tracer.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

8 minutes ago, betoney said:

I would compare feature by feature to see if they are equal.  What was the 3rd shock option?  There are many shock options available for the FJ09/Tracer.

The 3rd option was Race tech, the most expensive one 

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, alquimista said:

The 3rd option was Race tech, the most expensive one 

Top spec shocks have both compression and rebound damping adjustment as well as preload adjustment and will usually have a remote nitrogen canister.  Lower spec shocks might NOT have compression damping adjustment or might have a dial that adjusts both compression and rebound at once, an "emulsion" shock that has nitrogen and oil mixed in the shock body.  Another nice feature of a premium shock is ride height adjustability, you can make the shock body longer or shorter to fine tune handling.

Slide4.jpg

Ride height adjustment is a feature you can find on high range & top line...

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***