Pyramid Hugger....who has one?

Ordered the Pyramid Hugger from Moto Machines.  Comes with a couple of brackets and what appears to be clear, simple and accurate instructions.  However, the small bracket for the right side will not fit regardless of how I orient the part.  Bend form is such that it will not fit between the holes on the hugger in any position.  Hole pitch appears to be off as well.  Stumped and feeling stupid.  I am mechanically inclined and do all my own work / maintenance.  This thing should be a difficulty level 1.0 on a scale of 1.0 to 10.0.

Anyone else experience this with the Pyramid Hugger.  Asking before I return it to the vendor.    

Edited by johnmark101

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

7 hours ago, Manxkiwi said:

Oops, I think you're talking about a whole hugger aren't you? Not the 'extenda'.. Sorry. 

Yes, full replacement part, and not the extension.  

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:00 PM, northsouth said:

I had the same issue. I bent it to fit without too much trouble. Not designed very well. Looks good after all. 

What year is your bike?  FJ-09 or Tracer GT?

• Supporting Member

I put the full hugger on my "like new" 2019 Tracer 900. Had to rebend the little bracket that others have talked about, otherwise a straight bolt on. Took probably 20 minutes total to take oem one off and putting the Pyramid Plastics one on.

Now if Omnia Racing would get me my rear shock that's been on order for 3 MONTHS I might get to ride it!

• Sad 1