New owner, foot pegs questions

On 6/22/2021 at 10:17 AM, Ride365 said:

Not a damn thing wrong with the pegs I ordered/installed, matter of fact I find the overall quality quite good.

Yeah, mine are very solid.  No concerns at all, the metal isn't that awful fragile pot metal you find in some things.  I have no problem whatsoever trusting them with my weight and have indeed literally jumped up and down on one with the entirety of my 300lbs when demonstrating to a friend how you can mount a tall bike by stepping up on the peg. 

They are absolutely at least as strong as the stock pegs. 

58 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Yeah, mine are very solid.  No concerns at all, the metal isn't that awful fragile pot metal you find in some things.  I have no problem whatsoever trusting them with my weight and have indeed literally jumped up and down on one with the entirety of my 300lbs when demonstrating to a friend how you can mount a tall bike by stepping up on the peg. 

They are absolutely at least as strong as the stock pegs. 

I have the exact same ones as illustrated in this post (there's a few variations coming from China) and I agree that the build quality of the metal is perfectly fine. I've stood on them on many occasions. The rubber on the rear brake side is in shreds though after just a few months and approx 6000 km. The left is still fine.

Also, I'm alone in this but I still think that I feel more vibrations with these than with the stock pegs but on a smaller rpm bandwidth (around 5-7k). No vibrations in the handlebars. I did find the screws that hold the rubber to be kind of loose and tightened them upon installation. I have wondered from time to time if they are supposed to be loose maybe. I've seen others that are riveted. I'm still deciding what to do; get another set, go back to the OEM's or get those nice ones from the Tenere or ...

the 2021 Tracer 9 has rubber pegs! I noticed it in the showroom. Yamaha is always listening!

image.thumb.png.eec610e75d87ee546377e7027e7e3d94.png