New owner, foot pegs questions

Hi all, new owner, first post. I just bought a used ‘15 FJ 09 about a month ago and the last two weeks the weather finally broke and I’ve been getting miles on it every chance I get. I love this bike. It lives up to every expectation I had and beyond. My only gripe is the foot pegs, they transmit so much engine vibration to my feet. I expect that sort of thing with my dual sport, but not my sport-tourer. For reference, my last sport-tourer was a BMW K75s, which had big chunky rubber laden foot pegs that eliminated vibration. I saw on here some guys discussed swapping out their stock foot pegs with FJR 1300 foot pegs, as they have the vibration dampening rubber. Among these posts was chatter that the FJR 1300 pegs might not fit. I was hoping someone on here has done this swap and can confirm that the FJR pegs will fit my FJ, and that the swap provided the desired amount of vibration dampening. Thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, GTO MIKE said:

I know they fit my 2020 GT . They were the knock offs from ebay and they are a lot better. Not sure about your 15 ,but I'm sure somebody will chime in.

MIKE

Have a link by chance for the exact ones you bought, and they are plug and play huh?

Got them in Sept. last year for my 15. One of the first mods I did. Can't link to it, but they are pretty universal. FJR 1300 foot pegs.  Under $10 shipped.

Have to drill the OEM rivet out on the left side.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Have a link by chance for the exact ones you bought, and they are plug and play huh?

Sorry they came off Amazon ,but , checked and no longer in stock from the same dealer. but look just like the ones pictured in the responses.

MIKE

• 3 months later...

So I went with the Amazon pegs, although not 100% sure any linked here. Overall impressions are damn good for the money, yes you must drill out the gear shift side peg shaft and the replacement is also longer, and I also used the OEM springs. 

1 hour ago, Clem Fandango said:

I wouldn't trust my life to $5 chinesium pegs, so I ordered a set of Niken pegs.  Fit perfectly and are what should come on the bike from the factory IMO.

Not a damn thing wrong with the pegs I ordered/installed, matter of fact I find the overall quality quite good.

• Thumbsup 2

Several friends have asked me about this while gawping at my 2015 FJ-09, but honestly it's never bothered me. If I'm out for a long ride, I'm wearing touring boots. Around town, work boots.

I do have a somewhat flimsy pair of boots I've worn a few times for local errand running that transmit more vibration than the more sturdy stuff I normally wear.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

The only reason I want to swap my pegs is because there isn't enough 'bite' in my boots (2 different pair)  if it's raining - the pegs (or my boots) become quite slippery.  I've nutted myself more times that I care to admit when getting on...

• Haha 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

On 6/26/2021 at 7:30 PM, Garz747 said:

Some have posted that  the asian rubber quickly disintegrates with a little use and time. Id rather live with a little vibration...

Maybe.  Mine have survived a year including a winter of riding and roughly 15000kms and are still in very good condition (the chinesium Amazon footpegs listed above).  If they only last 3-4 years, well, at $25 I'll just replace them for another set when they do wear out.